Cyber Security is an overwhelming topic. Many business owners know that they need to be concerned, but quite frankly it can be to hard to understand and such a complicated subject. What are you to do? Here are some scary statistics for you:
- 43% of cyber attacks target small business.
- 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks.
- 62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks.
- 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets
- 51% experienced denial of service attacks.
- Since 2013 there are 3,809,448 records stolen from breaches every day, that's 158,727 per hour, 2,645 per minute and 44 every second of every day.
First, you need to find a cyber security expert you can trust. Gone are the days of the 'computer guy' being able to protect you. You need a real security expert on your side. Ransomware, hackers, state sponsored hacking, exploits, and phishing are the tools of the trade for hackers. Did you know that old data shows 1 in 5 small businesses will be hacked. The newer data points more to 1 in 2.
So how do you even begin to fight back? Well, there is good news - we can help with our Cyber CareTM suite of products. We like to think of security as multiple layers around your business and your employees. Our Cyber CareTM package gives you peace of mind and protection for your whole business
- Dark Web Monitoring - We monitor the dark web looking for stolen credentials and leaked passwords. Most businesses don't even realize they have data for sale, and most hackers are lazy and take the easy way out! If I can just buy your credentials, why would I ever work hard to get them? They simply purchase stolen credentials and then try to log into your email, banking, and line of business apps. Since most users suck at changing and separating passwords, one stolen account can get them a long ways into your network!
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) - Many people call this Next Gen Anti-Virus. Traditional A/V is generally effective for known threats and the more common exploits. However, hackers are constantly changing the way the attack and hack and the new EDR solutions will stop them cold in their tracks.
- Content Filtering and Secure DNS - Most people think of content filtering when they want to block bad websites (porn, time wasters, etc), but we deploy filtering software that blocks unwanted and malicious sites. We also use an agent, so the filtering will follow employees home and on the road. Don't let your protection stop when someone leaves for the day!
- Phishing Training - Time and time again research shows the weakest link in your cyber security is the user. They click the link, fill out the malicious form or fall victim to the scam. With our phishing and cyber security tips you can keep security top of mind and keep your network secure.
- Monitoring, Updates and more - We don't just stop with the above advanced security features, we make sure your systems are up to date and monitor them for issues to keep your network running smooth.
Want to Go It Alone? While we don't recommend it, fill out the form on the right to get our guide to practical steps you can take in your business, right now. Just remember, you wouldn't want an untrained doctor to do surgery, and you wouldn't pay an untrained security guard to protect your front door. With data privacy laws YOU could be liable for a lack of security. Don't chance it.